Simulation and education research are high priorities for ANZCA. In order to specifically encourage research in this area and because of the challenges in comparing clinical and laboratory research with research in education, the College established the Simulation/Education Grant. Projects that will be considered may be in the field of basic scientific research, clinical investigation or epidemiological research.
Funding & Duration
Up to $70,000 for one year.
- An individual may only be named as a chief investigator, associate investigator or professional research person on a maximum of TWO applications in any one year. Fellows and registered trainees must be financial and in good standing with ANZCA/Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM).
- Funding is available for research either wholly or partly conducted overseas by Fellows and registered trainees under the following conditions:
- A Fellow must have a certified ongoing appointment in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Malaysia or Singapore;
- A trainee must return to Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Malaysia or Singapore to complete their training program or return to a guaranteed specialist appointment;
- The researcher who is conducting research overseas must be a chief investigator;
- The research proposed would normally be completed during the tenure of the grant; and
- The applicant must demonstrate in the application how the project will benefit research in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Malaysia and/or Singapore.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 26 March 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 901011
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a Grants Officer