The Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) champions investment in human capital to fast-forward solutions for prostate cancer with the ultimate goal of ending death and suffering from metastatic prostate cancer. The Foundation continues to focus significant efforts on developing gifted cohorts of young prostate cancer researchers and are pleased to announce a new round of funding for PCF Young Investigators.
They especially seek young investigators with appointments in Veterans Administration (VA) hospitals where research directly affects veterans with advanced prostate cancer.
Funding & Duration
US $75,000 (approx. AUD $92,400) a year, for three years.
- Non-domestic (non-US) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
- Applicant should be within six-years following completion of a professional degree (MD, DO, PhD, MD-PhD, DSc, ScD, DDM, DDS, DMD, MBBS, or equivalent) or subsequent mentored academic or clinical training program.
- Applicant must hold the title of Postdoctoral Fellow, Instructor, Research Associate, Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Applicant must be under the direct supervision of a mentor(s). At least one mentor at the applicant’s institution is required.
- Applicant should receive no more than US $200,000 (approx. AUD $246,800) in current direct research funding from all sources including institutional funds during the 3-year term of this award. VA Career Development Awardees are excluded from this limit.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 March 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code ORG112171
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review