The prestigious annual Young Tall Poppy Science Awards aim to recognise the achievements of Australia’s outstanding young scientific researcher sand communicators.
Uniquely, these awards recognise excellence in early career research across all the sciences including mathematics, alongside a passion and capacity to communicate science to the community.
Nominations will open on 26 February 2018.
Open to residents of the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia working in all fields of science, including biomedical, engineering, mathematics, technology and other applied or cross-disciplinary sciences.
Nominations must also:
- be no more than 35 years of age as at the nomination closing date;
- hold a PhD;
- be working in Australia and have undertaken a significant portion of their postgraduate research in Australia, and be committed to carrying out their research/work in Australia in 2018 to allow them to participate in research activities;
- be individual scientists (not research teams). Self-nominations are not eligible;
- be either permanent residents or citizens of Australia. New Zealand citizens may also apply, subject to fulfilling the above criteria.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications are submitted directly to the Sponsor by 9 April 2018
- If you are considering self-nomination or nominating any of your colleagues, staff or students, please contact Dale Godfrey for support.
- Prior to submission please ensure that your University of Adelaide Researcher Profile page is up to date.