The program will provide a total of up to $5 million in grants in 2017-18 to community, environment, and other groups to undertake eligible natural resource management activities that improve the quality of the local environment. The program will support projects that address the following National Landcare Program objective:
- to protect and conserve Australia’s water, plants and animals and the ecosystems in which they live and interact, in partnership with local communities.
The intended outcomes of the program are an:
- increase in the protection, rehabilitation and restoration of environmental assets
- increase in the natural resource management community delivering biodiversity and natural resources practice.
Funding & Duration
Grants between $5,000 and $50,000 are available for up to one year.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and must include one or more of the following:
- weed treatment
- pest or disease management
- erosion management
- education activities and raising community awareness/participation
- access management
- indigenous land and sea country planning
- recording of indigenous ecological knowledge
- administration support related to the project.
View the Application Guidelines (PDF) for further eligibility criteria.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 March 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org