The Coal Innovation NSW Fund is now open for a third round of grants for research, development and demonstration projects in low emissions coal technologies through a competitive Expressions of Interest (EOI) process.
Projects are required to provide new learnings for low emissions coal technologies and/or increase public awareness and acceptance of the importance in low emissions coal technologies. Projects must be designed for the use of coal and/or for coal-fired power stations (including industrial sites e.g. steel and cement production) within NSW, and is directly related to aspects relevant to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
The Fund is offering two separate but concurrent EOI application processes. Applications can be made for both funding streams:
The seed funding stream aims to support projects that can trawl for and/or generate new ideas to achieve a specific goal, test an innovation or undertake essential desktop studies.
- Up to $100,000 for up to one year.
- View Application Guidelines (DOC) for eligibility critieria
The research grants stream aims to support projects that can demonstrate they can reduce the time to deployment of a specific technology to garner market advantage or share.
- Up to $1.5M for two years. Project length may be extended to three years.
- View Application Guidelines (DOC) for eligibility criteria
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 5 March 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org