The Propionic Acidemia Foundation’s Research Projects program funds research in the areas of basic and clinical science, supporting projects designed to understand the molecular basis of the PA pathology and explore possible therapeutic avenues for the treatment of this condition.
PAF is particularly, but not exclusively, interested in the following areas of research:
- Improved treatment protocols including nutrition
- Development of chelating compounds for PA toxicity
- Risk factors for brain damage in PA
- Risk factors for development of pancreatitis in PA
- Risk factors for development of cardiomyopathy and/or arrhythmias in PA
- Disease modifiers in PA
- Development of new therapies and treatment
Funding & Duration
Awards range from US $5,000 to $50,000 (approx. AUD $6,400 – 64,000) per year, and may last 1 or 2 years upon competitive renewal.
Non-domestic (non-US) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review