The TS Alliance endeavors to stimulate, support and coordinate research that will lead to a cure for tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) while improving the lives of those affected.
Research plans should address one of the following four high-priority areas:
- understanding phenotypic heterogeneity in TSC, i.e., research on genetic, biologic, or environmental factors that might explain why TSC is so different from person to person;
- gaining a deeper knowledge of TSC signaling pathways and the cellular consequences of TSC deficiency;
- improving TSC disease models, whether cell-based, tissue-based, or animal models;
- developing clinical biomarkers or patient-reported outcome measures for TSC, particularly those that assess disease burden or stratify an individual’s risk of progression or developing specific manifestations of TSC.
Funding & Duration
Up to US $75,000 (approx. AUD $96,000) per year for two years.
This opportunity is open to all investigators at established academic or research institutions or at pharmaceutical or biotech companies worldwide.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 7 May 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 13 August 2018 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review