***The closing date for this opportunity has been brought forward from the 13 April to the 26 March 2018***
The APEC Science Prize for Innovation, Research and Education (ASPIRE) awards young scientists who have demonstrated both excellence in scientific research and cooperation with scientists from other APEC member economies.
The ASPIRE Prize fosters APEC’s mission to:
- Strengthen international science and technology networks;
- Enhance economic growth, trade and investment opportunities in harmony with sustainable development, through policies, innovative R&D and technologies, and knowledge sharing;
- Improve linkages and efficiency between research and innovation.
The theme of the 2018 ASPIRE Prize is ‘Smart Technologies for Healthy Societies‘. This theme promotes the use of smart technologies and digital platforms to improve health care access and services to APEC member economies. The 2018 Prize can be awarded to scientists in areas such as e.g. biomedical technology, healthcare supply chains, pharmaceutical technology, point-of-care systems, wearable technology, self-help devices, artificial gene fusion, medical informatics, cell surface display techniques, robotics, nanomedicine, 3D printing and continuous manufacturing, blockchain technology and other relevant fields.
Nominees must be:
- a citizen of an APEC member economy
- under the age of 40 as of 31 December 2018
Submission Requirements & Due Date
Applications are submitted directly to the Sponsor by 26 March 2018
If you decide to apply for any of these prizes or awards, please contact Dale Godfrey.
Prior to submission please ensure that your University of Adelaide Researcher Profile page is up to date.