The Channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation of South Australia is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) for research projects in the fields of Allied Health, Dentistry, Education, Environment, Nursing, Medicine, Mental Health, Midwifery and Social Sciences.
Funding is available for the following categories:
- Community Based Studies: Research based in a community setting with the objective of providing the community with the tools and information necessary to enact change.
- Clinical Studies: Research conducted with human subjects or human material in which the investigator interacts directly with human subjects. Such research may include the mechanism of human disease, clinical trials, therapeutic intervention, the development of new technology and epidemiology.
- Basic Science: Research to acquire or confirm new knowledge by testing a hypothesis using scientific methodology in a primary laboratory environment.
Early Career Grants
Early Career Grants are for applicants who have yet to be a Chief Investigator on a significant peer-reviewed grant application for organisations such as NHMRC, ARC, CRF, Cancer Council etc. This grant is available to:
- medical applicants who are undertaking a PhD or MD
- non-medical applicants who have Honours, Masters or are undertaking a PhD
- applicants who have held their PhD for no more than five years (may be employed as a NHMRC post-doctoral fellow)
Funding & Duration
Up to $75,000 ($35,000 for Early Career Grants). Funding is available for a period of one or two years.
- The Chief Investigator and Administering Institution MUST be located in South Australia.
- Research MUST be led from South Australia.
- National collaboration is encouraged and international collaboration may be allowed where special skills are not available in South Australia, in order to ensure the application attains the ‘world standard’.
- It is preferable that all members of the research team are located in South Australia.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Expressions of Interest must be submitted online by 22 March 2018
- Please email a copy of your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 900321
- Contact person for application:
Mr Simon Brennan
The University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5000
Ph: (08) 8313 5137; Fax: (08) 8313 3700
University ABN: 61 249 878 937
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review