Grand Challenges Explorations fosters early-stage discovery research to expand the pipeline of ideas for solving our greatest global health and development challenges.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following three topics:
- Innovations in Immunization Data Management, Use, and Improved Process Efficiency;
- Affordable, Accessible, and Appealing: The Next Generation of Nutrition;
- Tools and Technologies for Broad-Scale Disease Surveillance of Crop Plants in Low-Income Countries
Funding & Duration
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each (approx. AUD $127,000), and successful projects are eligible to receive follow-on funding of up to US $1M (approx. AUD $1.27M).
Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organisation, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organisations, and for-profit companies.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 25 April 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review