There are four main categories for Australian Geographic sponsorships: Science, Community, Adventure, and Environment.
- Science sponsorships are usually awarded to assist specific research projects, often across a number of years. Sponsorships are awarded across all disciplines.
- Community sponsorships are awarded to individuals and groups to assist with conservation and cultural initiatives, often at a grassroots level.
- Adventure sponsorships are awarded to individuals and teams undertaking adventures in Australia and abroad. Recipients come from a wide cross-section of Australian society and are not limited to younger people seeking world firsts.
- Environment sponsorships are usually awarded to support community-based initiatives such as wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, plant and animal education programs or bush conservation.
Projects covering more than one project category and/or opportunities for volunteer involvement are encouraged.
Funding & Duration
Project Sponsorships are awarded at up to $10,000.
Australian scientists, community organisations and individuals developing projects in Australia and abroad are welcome to apply for Society sponsorship.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 April 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. Fund Scheme code 900801
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org