The Fulbright Future Scholarships program seeks to improve the health, well-being, and prosperity of Australians by funding innovative, impact-focused projects.
Fulbright Future Scholarships are open to postgraduate students, PhD researchers, academics and professionals. Awardees will receive funding for full tuition/visiting researcher expenses at a U.S. institution of their choice, as well as travel and living costs.
Funding & Duration
- a generous living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- full tuition or Visiting Researcher Scholar fees
- placement services support for postgraduate students seeking to complete a full U.S. master’s degree
- medical insurance of up to AUD $100,000 (for the scholar only)
- National Australian Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
Fulbright Future Scholarships are open to applications for Australian candidates who satisfy the following criteria.
- can apply as Postgraduate students or PhD researchers, as postdoctoral candidates, academics or professionals
- must have an undergraduate qualification
- must propose research that is innovative and/or has the potential for significant impact
- must aim to create, contribute to, or otherwise enhance Australian-American bilateral research collaborations
- must include a statement (maximum of one page) that outlines the impact of their proposed program
- all applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from their proposed institution with their application (except Postgraduate students seeking to complete a U.S. master’s program)
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 6 July 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review