The Foundation awards grants annually to medical research projects that will benefit the health and well-being of the Defence community. The Defence community is defined as serving and ex-serving ADF personnel, and their immediate families.
The aim of Booster Grants is to assist an established research project expand its scope or duration in order to pursue new lines of investigation, or to be able to bring forward the publication of results.
The Foundation prioritises medical research that:
- focuses on women’s health for contemporary serving and ex-serving ADF members
- utilises the application of evidence based Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
- focuses on issues effecting ageing veterans
- addresses the management of chronic pain
Funding & Duration
A booster grant may be for one, two or three years funding, to a maximum of $100,000 p.a.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria, at the time of application:
- Must be the chief investigator on the proposed research project that forms the basis of the application;
- The chief investigator and their team members must be Australian citizens or permanent residents or New Zealand citizens holding a Special Category Visa. Applicants who have applied for but not yet been granted permanent residency or a Special Category Visa may apply for the grant. Evidence of the appropriate status must be provided before the commencement of the grant;
- Have made prior arrangements with the Head of Department of the University or Institute in which they propose to conduct their research to provide reassurance that fundamental infrastructure is available to conduct the research within that Department; and
- Have had several years of research experience. It is desirable but not essential that the applicant holds a higher degree, e.g. PhD, Masters.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Pre-Applications must be submitted for internal review by 27 April 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster.
- When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code ORG114271
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review