The Al & Val Rosenstrauss Fellowship Fellowship is targeted at Early-Career Researchers, who show potential to be stars of the future and who are building credentials for a long career in medical research.
Areas supported by the Foundation are:
- Brain Sciences: Psychiatry or Neurology (excluding Dementias)
- Endocrinology (excluding Diabetes)
- Geriatrics (excluding Dementias)
- Lung Disease (other than Cancer)
- Vision Sciences
Funding & Duration
The Fellowship provides funding of $80,000 per year (excluding GST), for a period of four years, towards salary costs of the recipient.
The Administering Institution must agree to meet any additional employment-related expenses for the recipient, as well as the normal overhead and operating expenses of the Institution, as required to support the Fellow’s research. Applicants wishing to apply for the fellowship on a part-time basis will be considered.
- be a qualified MD or have a PhD in a medicine related field of science (MBBS or Masters degrees alone will not be recognised);
- have received formal notification of passing your PhD/MD on or after 1 January 2008 and before or on 31 December 2012, unless career disruptions exist. (NB, the date of degree conferral is not to be used);
- be employed by or affiliated with a credentialed Australian Research Institution;
- carry out the research activities described in the application within Australia;
- work within one of the aforementioned areas of medical research supported by the Foundation.
Refer to the Guidelines [PDF] for further details
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 April 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code FND000032
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review