Alzheimer’s Research UK invites expressions of interest for its global clinical trials fund. This supports clinical trials in the UK or worldwide that have the potential to be of benefit to dementia patients. The scheme covers the following activities:
- studies that aim to demonstrate target engagement, and phase I or phase II clinical trials undertaken to ascertain the potential safety and efficacy of novel or re-purposed drug-based interventions in human subjects;
- clinical trials of non-drug based, complex interventions;
- opportunities for research add-ons to ongoing clinical trials, such as biomarker add-ons.
Grants are worth up to £1 million (approx AUD $1.83 million) per project.
Applicants based at established research institutions worldwide may apply. Applications are required to include at least one clinician and one academic investigator or a clinical researcher. SMEs may participate as co-applicants.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 18 April 2018 – Expression of Interest due
- 5 September 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review