CHASS Australia Prizes honour distinguished achievements by Australians working, studying, or training in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (HASS) sectors, including academics, researchers, practitioners, philanthropists, policy makers, and students.
Self-nominations are acceptable.
Winners must agree to participate in publicising the awards. In all cases, copyright remains the property of the entrant, and CHASS will clearly attribute any submitted material to the entrant.
Value of the Awards
Nominations have now opened for four prizes:
- Two prizes are being sponsored by Routledge (cash prize of $3,500 each)
- one for a non-fiction book/e-book that enriches Australian cultural and intellectual life,
- the second for ‘Distinctive Work’- an exceptional artistic performance, exhibition, film, television show, play, composition or practical contribution to policy.
- The third prize (cash prize of $2,000) is being sponsored by Future Leaders for a ‘Future Leader’, an individual under 30 years of age who is demonstrating leadership skill and potential in HASS.
- CHASS is sponsoring the fourth prize (cash prize of $500) for a student essay, exhibition, performance or project in any HASS area.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
Applications are submitted directly to the Sponsor by 2 July 2018
If you decide to apply for any of these prizes or awards, please contact Dale Godfrey.
Prior to submission please ensure that your University of Adelaide Researcher Profile page is up to date.