The National MS Society invests in promising research to drive breakthroughs that will stop MS, restore function and end MS forever. The following focus areas are critical to advancing breakthroughs that will identify solutions for people living with MS today and ultimately lead to prevention and a cure:
- Define the contribution of genetics, risk factors and their modifiers to the risk for developing MS and disease course, and develop strategies to prevent, treat and cure all forms of MS
- Understand MS pathology and pathophysiology
- Understand and treat MS progression
- Identify strategies for neuroprotection and nervous system repair
- Elucidate the cause of MS symptoms, the impact of comorbidities, and identify rehabilitation, wellness behaviours and lifestyle approaches that impact disease course, symptoms and overall health
The Society supports fundamental as well as applied studies, non-clinical or clinical in nature, including projects in patient management, care and rehabilitation.
Funding & Duration
Up to US $50,000 (approx. AUD $65,000) for one year.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
- Researchers who have completed their post-doctoral training are invited to apply.
- Individuals who are currently postdoctoral fellows or the equivalent, or who are graduate/medical students or residents, are not eligible.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 2 May 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- 7 May 2018 – pre-application submitted direct to sponsor
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review