The overall objective of this scheme is to allow young, talented, scientists to propose their own research project in marine sciences and technology, to be carried out in one or several ISblue laboratory(ies), and to promote their career development.
Funding & Duration
The postdoctoral appointment is for a period of two years. Recipients of the awards will receive a net salary of about €2,400 per month (approx AUD $ 3,800 take-home salary). In addition, support is available for travel expenses, equipment and supplies. Work contract will include national health and dental insurance, as well as retirement and unemployment benefits.
The applicants must:
- have obtained a PhD,
- submit and original research project, relevant to one of the ISblue research thematic priorities [PDF], and
- propose a collaboration with a local researcher(s).
The local researcher(s) should (i) be affiliated to one of the ISblue laboratories and (ii) provide the candidate the means he/she needs to carry out his/her project (office, data, access to lab space and equipment, etc.).
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 16 April 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review