This funding opportunity supports small groups of investigators in experimental and theoretical efforts to advance ultrafast chemical and materials sciences that utilise x-ray free electron lasers. The following areas of research are supported:
- probing and controlling electron motion within a molecule;
- discovering novel quantum phases through coherent light-matter coupling;
- capturing rare events and intermediate states in the transformation of matter.
Funding & Duration
The total estimated budget is USD $20M (approx AUD $26M).
Grants are worth between USD $300,000 and USD $1.5m (approx AUD $390,000 and AUD $1.94M) per year for a period of up to three years. A total of 15 awards are available.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
All types of applicants, except federally funded research and development centres contractors and non-profit organisations, may apply.
Applications from consortia are encouraged.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 30 April 2018 – pre-proposal submitted via https://eBRAP.org.
- 7 May 2018 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review