The $25 million Indigenous Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Fund was announced as part of the 1967 Referendum – 50th Anniversary Indigenous Education Package.
The Indigenous Girls’ STEM Academy (Academy) grant opportunity will deliver this fund, providing an opportunity to invest long-term in a generation of female leaders in STEM, ready for the jobs of the future.
The total funding amount available is $25,000,000.
Grant funding is open to applicants that can demonstrate strong credibility in the areas of:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, including developing strong relationships with students, families, schools and communities.
- Corporate and philanthropic engagement and partnership.
- Processional and academic support.
- Cultural competency – Indigenous Businesses are encouraged to apply and/or form a role within partnerships/consortia for this process.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 27 April 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com