The Max Day Environmental Science Fellowship Award provides funding support to early stage PhD students or early career researchers toward the costs of travel, courses, or research expenses.
Funding & Duration
The Max Day Environmental Science Fellowship Award is an annual award of up to $20,000 per awardee.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents at the time of application.
- Applicants should either:
- be accepted to undertake a PhD (or equivalent research doctorate), have completed their confirmation and be enrolled in their first or second year of research (at the time of the award closing date)
- have held a PhD (or equivalent) for no more than 5 years at the time of the award closing date
Applicants must also demonstrate a multi-disciplinary approach to their research work and conduct their research in one or more of the biological sciences relating to one or more of the following disciplines:
- conservation of Australia’s flora and fauna
- ecologically sustainable resource use
- environmental protection
- ecosystem services (either provisioning services, or habitat and supporting services)
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 25 May 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster > Fund Scheme code FND000160
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org