This notice is relevant for calls 8/29, 18/34, 18/35, 18/36, 18/38
The National Institute for Health Research, in collaboration with the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council, invites applications for its commissioned workstream under the health technology assessment programme. This aims to ensure that high quality research information on the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of health technology is produced in the most efficient way for those who use, manage, provide care in or develop policy for the NHS.
Eligible studies include both primary research and evidence synthesis.
Applications are sought in the following topics:
- preventing job loss in people with long term physical health conditions;
- routinely used interventions for improving attachment in infants and young children;
- behavioural intervention to treat anxiety in adults with autism and moderate to severe learning disabilities;
- anticonvulsant augmentation of antipsychotic medication in the management of psychosis;
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor for the treatment of anxiety in adults with autism.
Funding & Duration
There are no fixed limits on the duration of projects or funding, and proposals should be tailored to fully address the research problem. NHMRC will provide funding for Australian researchers collaborating with UK researchers.
Any organisation that considers that it can carry out high-quality clinical, applied health or social care research may apply. Applications which include a research collaboration between UK and Australian institutions are encouraged. Applications from UK institutions without an Australian collaborative element are also welcome for consideration. Australian-based research must be led by a chief investigator who is an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident of Australia or has an appropriate work visa in place.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- This notice is relevant for calls 8/29, 18/34, 18/35, 18/36, 18/38
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 25 July 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review