This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
A total of 12 participating institutes and centres of the National Institutes of Health invite applications for their BRAIN initiative – targeted BRAIN circuits projects (R01 clinical trial not allowed) funding opportunity.
This supports research projects using innovative, methodologically-integrated approaches to understand how circuit activity gives rise to mental experience and behaviour.
Funding & Duration
The total budget for this programme is USD $15M (approx AUD $19.81M), to fund 20 awards.
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The maximum project period is five years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 3 June 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI) via Grants.Gov submission portal.
- 19 June 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- (Future submissions – November 2018, July & November 2019, July & November 2020)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review