The value of sorghum production has been increasing steadily in the GRDC northern region, primarily due to significant increases in export markets, rather than increases in crop yields. Yields have risen at a yearly average rate of only 0.03 tonnes per hectare per annum from 2003-2015. To optimise sorghum yield potential, an understanding of the impacts from adopting advanced agronomic practices are required in order to deliver whole farm benefits.
The proposed activity seeks to assist growers increase yield by 3% per annum. This investment will focus on three primary areas: time of sowing, risk and opportunity associated with early sowing and agronomic management guidelines in each of the key sorghum production zones of Qld. and NSW (environment types).
Tender No. & Further Information
This investment involves two projects.
- Project A tenderers will be responsible for reviewing and updating integrated weed management manuals, and providing the technical content and workshop materials.
- Project B tenderers will be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of the workshop material and establishment and monitoring of the regional focus paddocks.
Please indicate in your tender which component of the procurement you will be addressing, Project A or Project B. These are two separate projects and will be contracted and evaluated as such.
- See the Austender website – PROC-9175628
Please note: you must be logged in to the Austender site to view tender documents.
- 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2023
Closing Date & Time
- 7 June 2018, 4.30pm (South Australian time)
Please contact Valerie Morris, Business Partnership Manager (Health & Sciences) for assistance with a submission.