This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages collaborative research applications on drug abuse and addiction that:
1. Take advantage of unusual opportunities that exist outside the United States to access talent, resources, populations, or environmental conditions in other countries that will speed scientific discovery
2. Describe how the research will significantly advance U.S. health sciences
3. Demonstrate specific relevance to the NIDA mission and objectives. To determine whether your research plan is relevant to the NIDA mission and objectives, review the NIDA Strategic Plan. Where feasible, applications should address NIDA’s international scientific priority areas.
4. Include an investigator from a U.S. institution and a non-U.S. citizen partner living and working in another country.
Funding & Duration
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
The maximum project period is 5 years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 29 May 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review