The intent of this Fund is to support small-scale and pilot research projects in advanced manufacturing, and benefit smaller firms and early stage research.
The fund will provide grants to Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) for rapid initial feasibility testing, allowing the projects to then move quickly to larger-scale research or commercialisation.
Funding & Duration
The grant will run over four years with funding of $1 million per year from 2017–18 to 2020–21.
Grants between $100,000 and $400,000 are available.
To be eligible the applicant must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be an SME with less than 200 employees
- be non tax-exempt
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust.
Applicants must have access to, or ownership of, the intellectual property (IP) necessary to conduct the Project should it be required.
Project participants must demonstrate the financial capacity to complete the project. This could be demonstrated through the provision of financial accounts during the EOI stage of the application process. The AMESRF grant will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs (grant percentage).
To be eligible the Applicant’s project must be industry led and involve collaboration with SMEs.
Expressions of Interest
- Applicants can submit an expression of interest (EOI) at any time throughout the year.
- EOI templates can be found on the AMGC website.
Please contact Violeta Babovic, Business Partnership Specialist for support with your submission.