The Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (EuropeAid) invites concept notes for its call on EU support to civil society in Lesotho. This supports projects that enhance participation of the general population in decision-making processes and promote accountable governance in Lesotho.
The overall objective is to contribute towards peace, democratic governance and build effective institutions.
Projects must aim to:
- support civil organisations in actions that ensure inclusive decision-making and participation;
- increase promotion of gender equality, empowerment of women and gender transformative activities;
- advance the protection of human rights and economic justice.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth between €500,000 and €1.1M (approx AUD $775,000 – $1.7M) each for three to four years, to cover between 50 and 90 per cent of the total eligible project costs.
Lead applicants must be non-governmental organisations, public sector operators, local authorities or international organisations.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 8 June 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review