Indiana University, via the Lilly Library, invites applications for the Mendel Fellowships. These support residential research by scholars from around the world in areas of particular interest to the library’s Bernardo Mendel collections, such as:
- history of the Spanish colonial empire;
- Latin American independence movements;
- European expansion in the Americas;
- voyages, travels and exploration;
- geography, navigation and cartography;
- German literature and history;
- music, including sheet music.
Funding & Duration
Fellowships are worth up to USD $40,000 (approx. AUD $53,000) each depending on length of stay, and cover travel to the library and living expenses while in residence.
The length of residencies may range from one week to one year.
Applicants may range from doctoral research students to senior scholars.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review