The International Information Science Foundation invites applications for its visiting researcher support programme grants. These support the travel expenses of young computer scientists who wish to visit Japan for research purposes.
Eligible activities include giving presentations at international conferences in Japan, or conducting research at Japanese universities or research institutes.
Funding & Duration
- Grants are worth JPY 160,000 (approx. AUD $1,920) to Australian recipients.
- Visits must be between 1 July 2018 and 31 March 2019.
- Scientists conducting fundamental research, including graduate studies, in computer science in areas such as computer graphics, computer networks, computing systems, computing theory, databases, intelligent systems, robotics, and software, at a university or research institute are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be citizens of a country other than Japan and be 40 years of age or under.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted direct to sponsor by 31 May 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review