The aims of implementing the call are to provide funding for rigorous, culturally-informed research into improving the health and experiences of ageing in older Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples,
Quality evidence generated from research will allow for better planning, funding and implementation of policies and services to achieve and support healthy ageing for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Funding & Duration
A total of $5 million has been allocated to support a number of research projects identified via this call. Funding will be provided to the top ranked applications until the allocated funding is expended.
The number of projects funded is therefore dependent on the size of the grants.
Funding will be available over the period of five years, unless applications specify a shorter period.
This call does not support research projects that have any laboratory based research, including animal-based research or research based on animal models.
- 20 June 2018 – Open for submission in RGMS
- 15 August 2018 – Minimum Data due in RGMS
- 29 August 2018 – Applications must be submitted for internal review
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review