This scholarship category is available for individual research projects that are related to the development of humane alternative animal production systems.
Applications can be made for research involving any livestock animal, but projects relating to alternative housing and husbandry systems for pigs and poultry are particularly encouraged.
The 2018 scholarship award will be for $9,000 and can be used towards any area of research that fits the general scholarship criteria.
The following general criteria apply to applications for these Scholarships:
- Applications should be for a discrete research project (which may or may not form part of a larger research program).
- Applicants must demonstrate in their application that their proposed research project is supportive of the policies of RSPCA Australia and will be used to further animal welfare in Australia. All current policies can be viewed on the RSPCA Australia Knowledge Base.
- Applicants must be enrolled in full-time or part-time education in an accredited course at an Australian University or College in the year their application is considered.
- The Scholarships are not restricted to any particular academic discipline. However, applicants demonstrating a major commitment to and/or involvement with animal welfare issues are strongly favoured.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com