The award recognises research in the natural sciences by outstanding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander PhD students and early- and mid-career scientists.
It aims to support the expansion and growth of their research networks and international knowledge exchange through visits to relevant international centres of research.
Funding & Duration
Two annual awards of $5,500 are planned, with additional support provided to attend the Academy’s Annual Science at the Shine Dome event.
The proposed travel must be for a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of three months duration.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents at the time of application. Applicants should also either be enrolled for a PhD or be within 15 years of obtaining a PhD*.
* Exemptions for career interruptions may be sought from the Academy. Reasons for exemption can include (but may not be limited to) illness, birth of a child or carer requirements.
Applicants must provide a letter from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community or Organisation where they identify and are accepted. This may come from one of, but not limited to, the following:
- Land Council
- Prescribed Body Corporate (PBC) or Native Title Group
- Natural Resources Management Board (NRM Board)
- Traditional Owner group
- Elders group
- A Universities Indigenous department
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 20 July 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com