The MS Society funds high-risk pilot grants to quickly test novel ideas. Funding is provided to test innovative, cutting-edge ideas or untested methods, and to gather sufficient preliminary data to apply for longer-term funding. The Society welcomes applications for studies related to multiple sclerosis that may serve to advance our mission of stopping MS progression, restoring function and improving quality of life, and preventing MS.
The Society supports fundamental as well as applied studies, non-clinical or clinical in nature, including projects in patient management, care and rehabilitation.
Funding & Duration
Up to USD $50,000 (approx. AUD $66,400) for one year.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
- Researchers who have completed their post-doctoral training are invited to apply.
- Individuals who are currently postdoctoral fellows or the equivalent, or who are graduate/medical students or residents, are not eligible.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 5 September 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- 10 September 2018 – pre-application submitted direct to sponsor
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review