The National MS Society invests in promising research to drive breakthroughs that will stop MS, restore function and end MS forever. The following focus areas are critical to advancing breakthroughs that will identify solutions for people living with MS today and ultimately lead to prevention and a cure:
- Define the contribution of genetics, risk factors and their modifiers to the risk for developing MS and disease course, and develop strategies to prevent, treat and cure all forms of MS
- Understand MS pathology and pathophysiology
- Understand and treat MS progression
- Identify strategies for neuroprotection and nervous system repair
- Elucidate the cause of MS symptoms, the impact of comorbidities, and identify rehabilitation, wellness behaviours and lifestyle approaches that impact disease course, symptoms and overall health
The Society supports fundamental as well as applied studies, non-clinical or clinical in nature, including projects in patient management, care and rehabilitation.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 25 July 2018, 5.00 pm (EST) – pre-applications submitted direct to sponsor
- 25 July 2018, 5.00 pm (ACDT) – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review