The CSL Centenary Fellowships are competitively-selected grants offered to early to mid-career (4-10 years post-doctoral) medical researchers.
The fellowships are primarily awarded for discovery and translational research to late stage clinical research. In any given year, at the call of applications, the Selection Committee may choose to indicate specific research areas of preference for that year’s awards.
Funding & Duration
Two individual, five-year, fellowships are awarded each calendar year. The total value of each award is AUD $1.25M, which is paid in annual instalments of AUD $250,000 to the fellow’s employing university or medical research institute. The fellowship provides for a full-time salary (generally equivalent to a Senior Research Fellow C1 level) plus research costs and/or a post-doctoral research assistant.
To be eligible for the CSL Centenary Fellowships you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Apply individually
- Have minimum tertiary qualifications of PhD level from an accredited Australian or international university
- Have a minimum of four years post-doctoral work experience
- Note that in exceptional cases e.g. strong clinical research background, completion of a PhD and at least one post doc (2-3 years), the Selection Committee may choose to consider an application that does not precisely meet this criterion
- Have a maximum of ten years post-doctoral work experience
- Note that the fellowships intentionally target early to mid-career researchers, 4-10 years post doc. However, the Selection Committee may choose to consider an application that is marginally outside this criterion
- Not have previously received a CSL Centenary Fellowship
- Be intending to work in Australia, at a not for profit Australian research institute or university
- Not concurrently be in receipt of a separate full-time salary/fellowship
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 July 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster > Fund Scheme code FND000081
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review