This scheme supports researchers in creating programmes that build human capital and scientific knowledge in the field of climate change in Africa and beyond, by supporting the formation of research chairs based in Rwanda.
Research should seek to elucidate the scale and causes of climate change, predict climatic conditions, and develop and apply novel strategies for adaptation and mitigation. Preference is given to proposals addressing issues related to the sustainable development goals, including the following:
- zero hunger;
- good health and wellbeing;
- sustainable cities and communities.
Funding & Duration
Three chair positions are available, each worth up to USD $970,000 (approx. AUD $1.28M) over four years.
Both African and non-African scientists may apply. Candidates must have a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline, such as applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology or engineering, and at least two years of postdoctoral experience, including experience in supervising master’s or PhD students. They must be able to take up the chair by the end of 2018.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 6 July 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review