This scheme supports transformative research to move brain health and cognitive impairment science forward.
The following themes are prioritised:
- the neurovascular unit in relation to cognitive function;
- proteostasis in relation to cognitive function;
- inflammation in vascular and neural systems in relation to ageing or cognitive function;
- role of astrocytes and microglia and their effects on cognitive function;
- DNA repair and epigenetic ageing mechanisms in vascular and neural systems.
Funding & Duration
The total budget is USD $43M (approx. AUD $57M). One or more grants, worth a minimum of USD $15M (approx. AUD $19.8M) for eight years, are available.
Applications must be submitted by an integrative team with diverse skills to cover one or more of the prioritised topics.
The PI must have a PhD, MD or equivalent and must be based at a non-profit institution. US federal government employees are not eligible.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 29 June 2018 – First Phase Applications submitted for internal review.
- TBC September – Second Phase Proposal Deadline
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review