The US Department of Defense (DoD), on behalf of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, invites proposals for its call on time varying nuclear decay parameters. This supports research to explore the existence of physical mechanisms of nuclear decay modulation. The importance of this work is twofold:
- the ability to account for noise sources associated with microelectronics in radiation environments;
- the exploration of new physical mechanisms that could lead to new detection technologies with significant impacts to DoD applications.
Funding & Duration
USD $180,00 (approx. AUD $238,000) for one year.
All responsible sources from academia and industry may submit proposals.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 29 June 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review