This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Number: PA-18-823
Applications are invited for research projects (R01) involving secondary analyses of data and/or stored biospecimens from the CALERIE (Comprehensive Assessment of Long- term Effects of Reducing Intake of Energy) trial.
The goal of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to encourage analyses that will lead to a more detailed understanding of the effects of caloric restriction (CR) on risk factors for chronic diseases, as well as, the cellular/molecular mechanisms mediating the effects of sustained CR in humans.
- PA-18-824 , R21 Exploratory/Developmental Grant
Funding & Duration
The number of awards is contingent on NIH appropriations and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
Application budgets are not limited but must reflect the actual need of the proposed project. Projects may last up to five years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Open for submissions 5 September 2018
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review