The Chinese Academy of Sciences invites applications for its president’s international fellowship initiative for visiting scientists. This enables leading international scientists to carry out cooperative projects at CAS-affiliated institutions for one to 12 months. The aim is to create or strengthen partnerships between CAS host institutions and the recipients’ home institutions.
The fellowship provides a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, health insurance in China, and economy-class round-trip international travel.
Monthly stipends are worth CNY 40,000 (approx. AUD $8,200) for full professors or equivalent, CNY 30,000 (approx. AUD $6,200) for associate professors or equivalent, CNY 20,000 (approx. AUD $4,100) for assistant professors or equivalent.
Applicants must have:
- an academic title of at least assistant professor or equivalent;
- a record of outstanding scientific accomplishment;
- five years’ work experience in a well-known university, research institution or multinational corporation;
- a collaborative research proposal prepared in cooperation with the CAS host institution.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review