The Chinese Academy of Sciences invites applications for its president’s international fellowship initiative for postdoctoral researchers. This enables promising young international scientists to conduct research at CAS-affiliated institutions for one to two years.
Funding & Duration
The fellowship is worth up to CNY 200,000 (approx. AUD $41,000) per year, and covers living expenses, health insurance in China, and economy-class round-trip international travel.
- be citizens of a country which has diplomatic relations with China;
- hold a PhD in natural or technological sciences;
- be under the age of 40;
- have a recommendation from a CAS host researcher;
- be able to communicate well with the CAS host researcher;
- present a collaborative research proposal prepared in cooperation with the CAS host institution.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review