This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
This announcement, issued by the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), is intended to encourage innovative research to identify mechanisms of influence and/or promote positive sustainable health behaviors) in children and youth (birth to age 18). Positive health behaviours may include:
- developing healthy sleep patterns,
- developing effective self-regulation strategies,
- adaptive decision-making in risk situations,
- practicing proper dental hygiene,
- eating a balanced and nutritious diet,
- engaging in age-appropriate physical activity and/or
- participating in healthy relationships.
Projects should target social and cultural factors, including schools, families, communities, population, food industry, age-appropriate learning tools and games, social media, social networking, technology and mass media.
Funding & Duration
Application budgets are not limited, but need to reflect actual needs of the proposed project.
The maximum project period is five years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review