This award supports research that improves the care of individuals with lung cancers and reduces the burden of these diseases.
The following research areas will be given priority:
- facilitating the collaboration, sharing of information and interaction between basic researchers and clinical investigators to expedite and translate results of scientific investigation into clinical practice to reduce the burden of lung cancer;
- exploring innovative models of lung cancer care delivery;
- exploring the aetiologies of lung cancer among people who have never smoked.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth each USD $100,000 (approx. AUD $135,000) per year, for two years.
At the time of application, applicants must hold a doctoral degree and a full-time faculty appointment at an academic institution, including research institutions that are not formally associated with a university, and have completed a training fellowship. Junior and mid-level investigators, defined as being less than seven years from their first tenure-track appointment at the assistant or associate professor level, may apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 25 July 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review