The Wellcome Trust invites applications for its public engagement fund – small grants. This enables individuals and organisations to use creative approaches in engaging the public with health research.
- innovate or try new ways of working;
- develop an existing activity either by exploring ways to make it sustainable or by scaling it up in a cost-effective manner;
- learn from a successful engagement activity and replicate it with a new audience.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth between £25,000 and £250,000 (approx. AUD $44,600 and $446,000) over three years. Funding may cover salaries, fees for other essential staff and temporary replacement staff, costs for promoting access or increasing diversity and materials and consumables.
Individuals and commercial and non-profit organisations may apply. Applicants may be working in in the arts, culture, entertainment media, heritage, leisure, education, research, informal learning, social enterprise, non-profit and community sectors, or other fields.
All applications must include a subject expert in science or health-related discipline.
Projects may take place in the UK, Republic of Ireland, low- or middle-income country within sub-Saharan Africa, south Asia or East Asia and the Pacific.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 4 September 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review