The Danish Diabetes Academy invites applications for its visiting scientist. Funding aims to foster collaboration between Danish and international research groups within the field of diabetes and metabolism.
The visiting professorships/assistant professorships/associate professorships should be within diabetes and metabolism. Applications supporting the three major strategic areas of the DDA (internationalisation, interdisciplinarity and collaboration across sectors) will be prioritised.
Funding & Duration
The Danish Diabetes Academy (DDA) allocates a number of visiting professorships/assistant professorships/associate professorships for the years 2018 and 2019, covering salary, travel, and accommodation expenses to international diabetes scientists visiting Danish research groups for a period of three to six months, up to a maximum of DKK 500,000 (approx. AUD $106,000) in total.
In order to apply for a visiting professorship/assistant professorship/associate professorships, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Application can be submitted by professors, researchers qualified as assistant professors or associate professors
- At the time of allocation, you must be employed at a university outside Denmark
- You must be able to document intended collaboration with one or more researchers at a Danish research institution (a letter of support from the collaborating host principal investigator should be included)
- You must have an academic degree at PhD level or higher
- You must have an excellent academic record
- You must be able to document teaching experience
- You must be willing to teach/give lectures and/or review applications for the DDA.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 2 August 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review