Muscular Dystrophy Canada invites applications for seed grants for neuromuscular disease research. These support research proposals that will have a cross-cutting impact across different types of neuromuscular disease covered under Muscular Dystrophy Canada’s umbrella. Proposals must include one or more of the following:
- collaboration between researchers, clinicians and knowledge-users;
- patient-centered research;
- new or exploratory research that has the potential to have a direct impact on the quality of life for people affected by neuromuscular disorders;
- collection of preliminary data to lay the foundation for a larger study.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth up to CAD $50,000 (approx AUD $51,000) each over one year.
The research must be directly relevant to people affected by neuromuscular disorders. Projects should fall within at least one of Muscular Dystrophy Canada’s three pillars of research: clinical; health systems and services; social, cultural, environmental and population health research.
Lead applicants must hold an affiliation with a Canadian or international recognised academic institution. Private corporate entities are not eligible.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 20 July 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review