These postdoctoral fellowships support independent research on topics related to the origins of life at one or more laboratories or research institutions in any country.
Funding & Duration
Fellowships include an annual stipend of USD $62,000 (approx. AUD $84,000) per year for up to three years as well as an annual research allowance of up to USD $20,000 (approx. AUD $30,000) to be used for supplies, publication costs, small equipment and research-related travel. In addition up to USD $10,000 (approx. AUD $13,000) is available for health insurance for the fellow and and their family.
Candidates must have received their PhD or equivalent degree within five years of the fellowship’s start date. Applications may be submitted from scientists from the following organisations:
- domestic and foreign non-profit organisations;
- public and private institutions, such as colleges, universities, hospitals, laboratories and units of state and local government;
- eligible agencies of the federal government.
There are no citizenship or country requirements. Preference will be given to applicants who are not in currently-funded SCOL investigator labs.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 6 September 2018 – Letter of Recommendation submitted to Sponsor.
- 11 September 2018 – First Stage Proposal submitted to Sponsor.
- 27 November 2018 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted for internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review