The US Department of Defense invites applications for its physics of artificial intelligence funding opportunity. This supports basic research exploring new architectures and approaches in artificial intelligence that incorporate prior knowledge to augment sparse data and to ensure robust operation. Projects should meet the following objectives:
- develop an AI prototype that makes optimal use of both observational and experimental data, simulated data and prior knowledge;
- demonstrate an AI prototype system using simulated or real data in a representative relevant systems application;
- address the fundamental performance limits of the prototype system.
Funding & Duration
The project is split into two phases, prototype development and prototype testing.
Each phase is worth up to USD $500,000 (approx. AUD $675,000) for nine months each.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- Applications must be submitted to Research Services for internal review by 23 July 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review