This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Number: RFA-AI-18-037
The objectives of this Funding Opportunity Announcement are to promote research to:
- understand the critical drivers of TB transmission at the individual and population levels in high-burden settings, particularly where high incidence of HIV co-infection contributes to TB rates. (This may include the aerobiology of infectious particles and environmental- and population-based factors.)
- develop potential interventions to prevent TB transmission in HIV-endemic and other high-transmission settings and to measure the rate of transmission underpinned by an increased understanding of the biomedical basis of transmission and related risk factors.
Funding & Duration
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
The maximum project period is 5 years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 5 November 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI) via Grants.Gov submission portal.
- 21 November 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review