The Cultural Trust is committed to encouraging excellence and supporting a vibrant, world-class arts scene in Australia.
The Trust primarily provides support for structured professional development and networking opportunities overseas such as:
- Residencies or study tours which have a clear skills development focus;
- Mentoring or private lessons;
- Internships, workshops and conferences;
- Postgraduate study with a focus on professional development and artistic practice.
The Trust may also consider supporting:
- The purchase of non-standard musical instruments or equipment;
- Costs of film-making for final year or post-grad film students;
- Professional development opportunities within Australia where no equivalent opportunities exist overseas.
Funding & Duration
The Cultural Trust offers grants up to $10,000
Grants are made to practising artists for professional development opportunities, usually overseas. In exceptional cases the Trustees may consider providing support for artists who do not fall into the emerging/early career category. Grant applicants must meet several criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Grants are only available to Australian citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia;
- All applicants must demonstrate exceptional talent, initiative and passion for their work;
- Applicants must make a reasonable personal financial contribution to the project.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 4 September 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster > Fund Scheme code 900062
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com